Welcome to Tapang's

About Us

Tapang's is M'Lop Tapang's non profit venture. Selling beautiful hand crafted products made in our Home Based Production program by parents of former street children and by young people learning in our Vocational Training Programs.

Selling in stores within Cambodian and selected products on line in the UK through our friend Clare.

Meet Our Team


Kun

Team Leader

Kun manages the Vocational Training Center where she leads 11 members of staff who in turn run the Vocational Sewing, Printing, IT and Home based programs. The center sees around 40 youth a day visit to learn these skills that will enable them the chance of a brighter future.



Bopha and Mr Lane

Income Generation

Bopha is in control of all orders and income generated from the sales in our two Tapang’s shops and of stock out on consignment within Cambodia. Mr Lane keeps the inventory of all raw materials bought for all the Vocational programs and the finished products that are ready for sale. ¬†



Sophorn

Home based Skills trainer

Sophorn helps to design our products and empowers the producers with the skills to create our products, teaching them in the center before they produce in their own homes. Sophorn also travels into the communities with our social worker, Phearun for quality control.



Phearun

Social Worker

Phearun, our trained Social worker, monitors the Home Based Producers and their families in their homes everyday. She offers support so that they are able to provide a safe and stable home environment for their children and to ensure that their children are attending school.


Unique Features


HANDMADE


Our producers make all of our products by hand in their homes using equipment provided by income generated from the sales in Tapang’s.

Find out more


TAPANG'S


We have two stores in Sihanoukville, Cambodia. Tapang’s on Serendipity Beach Road and Tapangs in Sandan. Selling beautiful fabric products.

Find out more


FAIR


When you purchase a Tapang’s product 70% of the retail price goes toward the materials and the producer, the remaining 30% goes to support M’Lop Tapang’s Vocational Training Center and Home Based Production.

Find out more


CHILDSAFE


This ChildSafe program trains parents of former street children the skills to make the beautiful products. Parents are able to earn an income so that their kids do not have to work on the streets.

Find out more